I have never done any mechanical work to a motorcycle before, I’ve had 3 bikes since doing my CBT this year ha! First was a DT 125 RE and that’s where I fell in love with DTs! I made a silly mistake and swapped it for a WR125X & £500 because I wanted a supermoto. Learnt my lesson and picked up a cheap non runner DTR, however I haven’t photographed every part of the rebuild which I regret I have started taking a few. The build is far from complete having a baby on the way my budget is very tight.
Pretty much how it looked when I first got it, like some 12 year old got excited on need for speed sticking decals on. By this point I had put on some HEL brake lines, red ones to keep the colour scheme
Realised the frame had been painted with hammerite smooth so I stripped it to get the frame painted properly.
Must of been run to the ground, just look at that piston! Wish I took pics of the head gasket melted to the head.
So after this I have no more pics until today when I began to put on my YZF-R125 wheels, since the last photo all stickers where removed(kind of) frame swing arm & forks were powder coated, fitted a new engine with a skimmed head and 5mm oversized wossner piston with the power valve pinned open.
Here she is starting to look somewhat decent.
& a new headlight.
Thanks for all your help along the way & I shall update as I progress!