Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

P

panosm00

@panosm00
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
1
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Derestricting a DT125RN (4BL, 1997) Looking for advice before I buy
    P panosm00
    Derestricting dt125r

    Hi all,

    I'm looking to buy a Yamaha DT125R and I've found one, but it's a DT125RN, model code 4BL, from 1997. I've heard this version is restricted to 80 km/h.

    Does anyone here know how to derestrict this specific version? What exactly is limited on the 4BL (exhaust, carb/jetting, ignition/CDI, power valve, intake), and what needs to change to remove the restriction?

    Also:

    • Which parts are needed, and are the originals still available?
    • Any problems to watch for after derestricting (jetting, reliability, piston/cylinder)?
    • What should I check before buying the bike ?

    Photos of what to look for would be a big help. Thanks in advance!

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups