Greetings to all of you and thanks for loads of information on the dtr 125 engine. My project is my first bike, a 97 KTM lc2/ sting with the minarelli/Yamaha engine. Now I have been struggling a bit with this one, my piston got a hole in it and the plug electrode disappeared. You have some good knowledge here on the forum, really appreciate it and thanks to contributors. My problem seems to be a stroke length of 56mm, not 50,68. With my new 125 Athena kit I have measured squish being 1,1mm. The piston will almost open the exhaust port, half a mm being visible. Special thanks to Calum for posting the video of the bore of the 170 Athena kit. Really helpful video for me in this case. I will try post pictures and share what I learn from my mistakes with my KTM. Also, I own a 87 rd350 ypvs in bits and pieces, so please accept me as the true Yamaha enthusiast I am.
Calum last edited by
@rraleks hello and welcome!
Always wondered about the LC2 if they had anything special about them, CDI/Head/Barrel etc. But as far as I could tell they are the same as your normal DT engine.
My piston ate away because of overheating and a weak mixture. It was the beginning of my head gasket adventure, IIRC