Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Technical Zone
  3. Exhaust
  4. DT125R 1988 exhaust dep Will be compatbile with Dt125RE Dep epansion chamber?

DT125R 1988 exhaust dep Will be compatbile with Dt125RE Dep epansion chamber?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Exhaust
4 Posts 2 Posters 9 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • K
    K
    Karmona
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    Hello.

    Im thinking of getting the dep exhaust for my bike now that im finishing the restoration, but i like the old dt125r 1988 exhuast dep has:
    alt text

    But idk if it will be compatible with the normal dt125re and its dep exhuast chamber, so far they look very similar:
    alt text

    Does anyone know if they are compatible? I like the retro look of the old exhaust silencer.

    If not, im thinking of getting this exhaust, its a spanish artisanal exhaust made by TPR a local guy, they seem very good:
    alt text
    Here's a video of it on YT: https://youtube.com/shorts/2sTmpB4QzYA?feature=share

    THX!!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • CalumC
      CalumC
      Calum
      wrote last edited by Calum
      #2

      So the mounting points on the frame differ from the DTRE/DTR.

      Whilst the engine is basically identical, so the actually performance/shape of the pipe won't be affected by the later design, the frame mounting points are different.

      It's worth noting, the very early DTR's ran a 3BN cylinder, so there are subtle differences in actual engine specifications. Can you confirm that you're running a 3BN cylinder? Or the revised 3MB cylinder?

      I can't remember whether or not the fact the mounting points differ was a deal breaker or not, or in other words, did it cause it to foul the frame.

      My gut instinct is no and you should be okay, if you can make a couple of brackets.

      I've done something similar with my Aprilia ETX, where I have put a full arrow system off of the SX models. The engine is the same, but I've had to fabricate up some brackets to get it to fit.

      Always Originate, Never Pirate!

      K 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • CalumC Calum

        So the mounting points on the frame differ from the DTRE/DTR.

        Whilst the engine is basically identical, so the actually performance/shape of the pipe won't be affected by the later design, the frame mounting points are different.

        It's worth noting, the very early DTR's ran a 3BN cylinder, so there are subtle differences in actual engine specifications. Can you confirm that you're running a 3BN cylinder? Or the revised 3MB cylinder?

        I can't remember whether or not the fact the mounting points differ was a deal breaker or not, or in other words, did it cause it to foul the frame.

        My gut instinct is no and you should be okay, if you can make a couple of brackets.

        I've done something similar with my Aprilia ETX, where I have put a full arrow system off of the SX models. The engine is the same, but I've had to fabricate up some brackets to get it to fit.

        K
        K
        Karmona
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @Calum I have a stock dt125re, so im guessing 3mb cylinder.

        I guess i'll have to go with the newer one, as im not skilled enough to fabricate new mounting points.

        As for the other exhaust, what do you think of it? The new DEP runs me around 500 euro and this artisanal one runs me for 280. Pretty juicy deal tbh.

        If not i was considering getting a romeu henriques pipe, but not sure about it. This 280 euro TPR exhaust seems pretty good.

        Thank you as always for being so fast answering man.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • CalumC
          CalumC
          Calum
          wrote last edited by Calum
          #4

          The DEP pipe is tried and tested and I was really impressed with it.

          Here in the UK, they typically rust before too long. I always cleaned mine when putting it away and it held up well.

          The one in the photo looks similar that it's mild-steel, so you'll want to get that painted before you fit it.

          I run a Romeu Henriques pipe on my DTRE. I've had it since 2011 and there isn't a blemish on it as he made mine out of Stainless. It's also not cracked in that time either.

          I went for underslung due to my setup, but he does wrap arounds also.

          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Recent
          • Tags
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Groups