Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

K

Kristóf

@Kristóf
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
18
Topics
5
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Question about expansion chamber
    K Kristóf
    Derestricting

    Hey! I know I'm late but I have a 1988 Yamaha DT125R swiss edition, which has the 3DD code. I checked the parts diagram and the 3DD-14610 pipe is originally the 1988 swiss edition pipe, which is supposed to be heavily restricted. I'm pretty sure mine only has a catalytic converter, I was hesitating about cutting it open but now that I saw your pictures I think there's no reason to do so. Your pictures look like the pipe really only has a catalytic converter. But I must ask, were there any restriction cones or washers that you didn't take a picture of?
    Thanks!


  • Tachometer wiring
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    I meant the wiring for the bulbs. Thank you for the picture, the problem was that the diagram I found showed that the brown wires aren't supposed to be connected (brown from the thermometer, oil bulb, neutral bulb), mine showed that the thermometer needed to be connected to the oil bulb and that the neutral bulb brown needed to go straight into the 6pin connector, without connecting to the oil bulb or the neutral bulb. I didn't understand that but the diagram you sent made everything completely clear, thank you!


  • Tachometer wiring
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    Hello! I own a Yamaha DT125R but the tachometer wiring is cut, I could do it but I don't know exactly where the wires are supposed to connect to eachoter and how. I would highly appreciate it if someone could send detailed pictures of the wires inside the insulation (so I can see where to connect the wires). It's also missing the bulb socket for the headlight indicator, can that be replaced? Thanks!


  • Speedo gear missing
    K Kristóf
    Wheels

    @Rallyfinnen I'm mainly worried about the fork sitting incorrectly resulting in leaky fork seals. The bike handled good but the seals did go out and I rebuilt it. How can I check if the wheel is perfectly centered?


  • Speedo gear missing
    K Kristóf
    Wheels

    IMG_20260514_162216.jpg


  • Speedo gear missing
    K Kristóf
    Wheels

    Hello! My Yamaha dt 125r is missing the speedo gear. Instead of the speedo gear someone put another spacer (the same one that fits on the other side, see picture). My question is that would this affect anything with the fork/wheel alignment? I don't mind that it's missing because I use the bike for off road and I don't need the speedo but if the forks don't align correctly that's a problem. Thanks


  • POS mode on switch
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    Ahhh... I get it now. So does this mean that with the main switch to ON and the lights switch to POS it should light up the auxiliary light even with the engine off? I'm asking this because my auxiliary light works when the main switch is to PARK but it doesn't work with the lights switch to POS. Thank you very much for the help!


  • POS mode on switch
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    Thanks for the help, but I'm pretty sure that on these diagrams a wire branches off to another when there is a black point at the connection, so if one wire crosses another wire but there is no black point at the connection than they're not supposed to connect, and the diagram makes it like this so the diagram can be small. I haven't seen this diagram but if my theory with the black points are correct then the POS isn't supposed to turn on the small bulb as there is no connection with the left handlebar switch, only the main switch (for the stop/aux light which is working on my bike). My question is if the pos isn't connected to the small bulb, and neither to the main bulb, then what is it supposed to do/why is it there?


  • POS mode on switch
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    POS means position and is on the left handlebar switch, on most bikes that turns on the small bulb in the headlight but on mine it does nothing and I don't know if it's supposed to do something


  • POS mode on switch
    K Kristóf
    Electrics

    Hey! I just bought a new left handlebar switch for my DT125R, it works good but the POS mode doesn't seem to do anything. I do not know how it is supposed to be as previous to buying the switch, the bike didn't have one. (I have the older switch, from 88-96) Any help is appreciated. Thank you!


  • Carburetor help
    K Kristóf
    Carburetor

    After some research I did manage to find the sizes, and some more detailed photos so now I can actually buy some. I do think that it's rather a stopper or something than an adjustment tho obviously it changes the needle height, either way I'm sure they're important. Thank you all for the help!


  • Carburetor help
    K Kristóf
    Carburetor

    Do you think the washers are compatible with the later models? I've looked at photos, they seem to be identical. Even if they aren't, It would be at least a great starting point to know the later model sizes.
    IMG_20260208_000159.jpg
    IMG_20260208_000256.jpg


  • Carburetor help
    K Kristóf
    Carburetor

    Screenshot_2026-02-07-22-05-25-512_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    These are the washers.


  • Carburetor help
    K Kristóf
    Carburetor

    Hello! I have a 1988 Yamaha dt 125r, I've had problems with it but nothing major.
    One of the problems is with the carburetor: the needle is missing two washers, one under the clip and one over the clip. As they don't sell those washers individually I decided that I'd make my own washers. The only problem is that I don't know that size they're supposed to be, so if anyone has a 1988 Yamaha dt125r or even a Tzr125 (they had the same carb I think) I would appreciate the sizes of those washers, especially the thickness.
    Thanks!


  • 88 Dtr air joint help
    K Kristóf
    Technical Zone

    Could the air leak be because the autolube is disconnected and the oil delivery nipple on the carb is left there unplugged?


  • 88 Dtr air joint help
    K Kristóf
    Technical Zone

    In that case what could cause the air leak? Also the part number for the 88 isn't the 3mb one as there is a joint made specifically for that year: 3BN-14453-00 and the difference is that it's longer than the other ones so right now it's also hard to fit the carb properly


  • 88 Dtr air joint help
    K Kristóf
    Technical Zone

    Hello! I just bought an 88' Dt 125r and it's been having a couple of problems, one of them is a horrible air leak, tried figuring it out and realized that my air joint (between carb and airbox) has a crack and it's from a Tzr which is shorter than the original 3BN one, does anyone know where it would be possible to get a 3BN one? It can be used or aftermarket but I need a reasonable price.
    Thanks!

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups