Just looked up where can I get the Zeeltronic ignition system, turns out they are made 15 minutes from my home
Might aswell swing by and pick one up haha
Vuteng
Posts
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125 -
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Hm, any idea why the rpm gauge would lie? I did notice that the needle is bouncy not stable, but I thought that is normal for a 30 year old bike lol.
Is it true that one of the restrictions is a washer inside the exhaust chamber?
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Now that im looking at a few clips on youtube, judging by the video below, my bike pulls harder 5-7k rpm compared to this, also at 100kmh Im nowhere near the rpm he is at in 6th. Is it possible that my RPM gauge is just lying?
https://youtu.be/ApCf6JFCfQ0?si=hsjthBfqmoRqZj8v&t=509 -
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Hey again!
Did a coolant flush, looks like it holds temperature more stable now, it came out dark and brown.
Also continued chasing the 8k rpm limit issue, today I took apart the YPSV pulley and looked at the dot on the shaft marking, looks like it is in the right position? Below i attached two videos, one showing how far i can manually move the shaft left and right and the other one shows how much the servo moves the valve, to me it looks like it does not move the valve that much? Havent taken off the exhaust as I have not yet received the exhaust gasket and Im on the bike everyday so I dont want to have downtime.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MiziIZu_GQk
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Z6HQNFDRNd8Covered 1100km so far, changed the chain guide, rear tube blew out, 3D printed the front disc guard, changed the seat from black to pink



-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Ah okay, i plan to refurbish the cooling system anyway. So it is better to remove the thermostat if I have mostly city driving? I only start puhsing the bike a bit more when i see the needle move
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Hello!
Enjoying the bike alot! Installed adjustable levers, changed motor oil, bike works great! But what I’ve noticed, the days it is hotter (above 30c). The temperature starts climbing quick when standing at red lights(3-4 minutes of sitting at one place), if I drive its okay, needle sits just under half. I have mostly city driving, how do you guys battle this issue, possible to install a fan or a coolant sevice should help enough?
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@Calum Havent tried the powervalve trick you just told me about, will try in the weekend. So when I unplug the powervalve, to what rpm should the bike spin? Same 8k but without bottom end or higher?
How much is the Zeeltronic ignition system?
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@Calum Thank you for the info, just ordered adjustable clutch and brake levers as they are very far away and I dont have small hands. Regarding the 8k problem, I tried it more today and I wouldnt say it completely stops, but It feel smore like a soft limiter, it just stops revving. I've read it can be a CDI limiter, how can I know for sure?
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125I have registered the bike yesterday, already covered 100km. Love it! But what I've noticed dtarted to bother me, the clutch is veeery hard, so I would like to lube up the cable. What is the procedure to remove the cable from the bike and how to adjust it correctly?
Also I noticed humming in 6th gear if I shift into 6th at 70kmh. If i go 80+ its okay. That is normal?
Another thing I noticed, the bike falls on its face at 8k rpm, is it a CDI restriction or something else?Thanks for the help!
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@HOTSHOT-III Today i took the cluster apart, bulb is okay. So I followed the wires of the oil level sensor and it's unplugged. I suspect I have to take off the tank to reconnect it? I guess it's disconnected because it is not working.
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@HOTSHOT-III Today I redid the foam, used some air filter foam I found and epoxy glued it + new air filter all oiled up. I tested the kickstand switch and it works but the oil light is not working. Will dismantle the tacho tomorrow. I looked at it today, i just remove the two pins underneath and it comes apart?
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@HOTSHOT-III Thank you very much for the information! I was just in the garage taking stuff apart and I took a look at the airfilter. The snorkel and everything is there but the foam on the air filter bracket is all fallen apart so I cleaned everything and blew out the airbox. I think this foam around the bracket is needed so it seals correct? Is there a way to reaply it or should I find a replacement one? Pic below to explain what I mean
Also I noticed that the red oil light never turns on, from what I’ve read in the manuals it should glow red while idling in neutral, correct? The pump is working as the bike is smoking
Seat was pink from what I found on the web and I really love the look with the pink seat so i will try to find that

-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@Calum Thank you! Ofcourse im keeping it original, I already removed Agip and Akrapovic stickers, in all about that OEM look. Cant really ride it yet, getting my license this week.
Thanks for the help on the sound, I really have no idea how a proper two stroke should sound, its totally different to the 50cc Tomos mopeds I’ve been riding with.
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@Rallyfinnen oh sorry, just noticed they were set to private. They should work now
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125@Rallyfinnen thanks!
What do you think about the sounds coming from the engine? Does it sound okay so it would last till the end of the season so I can rebore and change the piston in the winter? I want to drive it a bit, is my first proper bike, I’ve only ridden 50cc mopeds till now, time for a step up after 10 years od 50cc. Wish I would’ve bought this 10 years ago

-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Hello! Well I bought it! It pulls good, starts cold in just a few turns of a starter. Bike does not look 30 years old at all. Everything on the bike works, including the YPVS. Sounds coming from the engine sound normal to me, i will attach a cold start clip of the engine sound below. Previous owner had it for normal cruising on the street to the bar and so on.
I do wonder, there is different information, does the cylinder have a nikasil coating? If so, all the bike needs is a new piston thats it?
What is some general maintenance I should do before riding it? How can i refresh the YPVS so it keeps working, same with autolube?


https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LkBWrjSWNoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDzEm13lvdkThanks for the help!
-
Hello Everyone! Planning to buy a DTR125Hello everyone!
Planning to buy a DTR125 1996. Has around 33k km, unopened engine. Has new tires, brakes, general service. What should I be checking for when looking at it?
Thanks for the help!