Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

C

chalkey46

@chalkey46
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
51
Topics
3
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
1
Following
1

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    @Jens-Eskildsen 170 kit is brilliant with all the extra bits like the carb, exhaust, boysen reeds ect just need to buy a few gearing setups as I'm currently topping out 6th 😕


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    @CYBER-NINJA yes mate forks and swing arm are off a yz


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Well just realised it's been 8 months since the old girl last seen the light think it might be time to dig her out and wipe off the cobwebs 😂😂


  • Another Returnee
    C chalkey46
    Welcome New Owners!

    Welcome looking forward to seeing some pictures of the build 👍👍


  • Bargain of the year!?
    C chalkey46
    General Discussion

    I want a pair of cut side panels like the white one to see what it looks like on mine 😊


  • 2006/7 DTRE/DTR170cc
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    The wr swingarm is a fair bit lighter than the standard steel item as fitted to the dtr aswell as better looking 👍 I should of gone for the wr swingarm would of been a lot easier than fitting my yz swingarm 😂


  • 2006/7 DTRE/DTR170cc
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Looks like a good base to start a project from keep us updated 👍👍


  • Forum Corner
    C chalkey46
    Blogs 4dl history tuning dtr

    I'm currently running a mikuni tm32, boysen dual stage reeds, 2x 5mm reed block spacers, custom inlet, athena 170 kit with 3mm port timing correction, custom stainless exhaust and 14-50 yz 520 sprokets and the difference over standard is remarkable loads more low down torque and a lot more quicker through the gears but run out of gears top end against my rs125 the dt Is quicker but on my gearing the rs would be better top end


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Well 300 miles in and I ended up with a dred full knocking noise thinking the worst I stripped it down to find out it was a faulty clutch basket 😡 but new clutch and new basket fitted and she is back to normal, but my wheels are taking a right battering with all this horrible weather so need to source some good aluminium protection any one got any recommendations ?? 😞


  • Yamaha DT125R '01 - Running Project
    C chalkey46
    DTR porting ignitech 4dl dtr wr200

    Nice thread you got going looking good so far keep it up 👍


  • Gianelli vs. DEP
    C chalkey46
    Exhaust

    I've had no experience with the gianelli but the dep seems to rust very quickly but give a good performance, but a stainless front pipe can be bought cheaper than a dep expansion chamber and give an even better performance might be worth looking into ?


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Haha cheers mate she is locked up tight at night 😉


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/r1cky_01/IMG_20151120_150531_zpsflliyxly.jpg
    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/r1cky_01/20151120_150151_zpsb6hapmxd.jpg


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Cheers mate sounds amazing


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Had a nice ride out yesterday evening to try and sort out some bugs and got the bike plastered at the same time http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/r1cky_01/20151118_162852_zps2llmgs8f.jpg
    http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/r1cky_01/FB_IMG_1447962090072_zpsmtnaopto.jpg

    But I can confirm I can't wait for it to be fully ran in as it's brilliant as it is now


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Quick video of first start earlier http://s572.photobucket.com/user/r1cky_01/media/Mobile Uploads/20151116_100648_zps9qsflm9n.mp4.html

    But first run on the road didn't go as planned low revs up to 1/2 throttle it's brilliant but after that it's a spluttery mess so now it's time to get the jetting / needle ect set right


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Ah I've not tried the 170 yet as Ive been waiting on other parts was only going on other people's experience with the barrel so I personally have no idea what temp it will run yet I've got an 8,9 and a 10 plug to see what's best and numerous amounts of pilot and main jets and 3 different needles just stocking up haha


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Going to fabricate new mounts on the frame I think that going to be the easiest way only bought them as the 170 runs slightly hotter than the original


  • Dt125r/yz sm
    C chalkey46
    DTR

    Well thought I may as well beef up the cooling side of the old girl while I was playing so bagged my self a pair of yz twin alloy radshttp://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/r1cky_01/20151111_144943_zpsfrlsrzan.jpg

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups