Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

jakeyboyJ

jakeyboy

@jakeyboy
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
36
Topics
12
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
1

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Headrace Seals
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Thanks mate. I’ve had a look already and on the diagrams the item I’m looking for isn’t there...


  • Headrace Seals
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Does anyone know where I can buy bottom headrace dust seals. Brought bearings but not ones that had them included.
    Thanks


  • Linkage bearings?
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Suspension

    @mhbikesnbits thanks a lot. Do you know what else I would need as I don’t think that’s all parts in image attached
    Cheers


  • Linkage bearings?
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Suspension

    Where can I find linkage bearings like the ones attached. I brought swingarm bearings thinking they were for this, obviously meant for swingarm bearings.

    Pic


  • Headrace bearings
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Ok perfect. Thanks a lot


  • Headrace bearings
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Hi guys,
    Removed head brace today and wanted to replace these bearings, although when searching for Yamaha DT X 2005 bearings others come up looking different...
    Any advice? Cheers
    pics


  • Help Removing Swinging Arm Linkage :))
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Cheers gents, with a lot of heat and a massive hammer got it out 🙂


  • Help Removing Swinging Arm Linkage :))
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Would applying heat be a good or bad idea??


  • Help Removing Swinging Arm Linkage :))
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Framework

    Anyone got an idea how to remove this bolt? Can’t remove the linkage...

    CFSa0gE_d.jpg

    jjfJzv1_d.jpg


  • Anyone know what this is called?
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Engine

    Ah sound, thanks mate. Not the cheapest thing about haha


  • Anyone know what this is called?
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Engine

    alt text

    Can anyone tell me what the gear that isnt looking great called? Thanks.


  • Left side leak
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Engine

    @Calum lovely mate, thanks. What is the seal called do you know by any chance? Final drive seal?


  • Left side leak
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Engine

    Oil coming from the left crank case side / sprocket. Any idea why this is happening? Think it’s a seal gone..

    https://m.imgur.com/VjwNJu4


  • Pissing fuel everywhere.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    Recently my DT has been pouring fuel out the overflow, when it’s at idle or even when I’m going along. I have taken apart the carb (just the float bowl) to have a look to see what’s happening and seems to be the float bowl getting stuck but not a clue why, cleaned it put back together multiple times and still happening. Best thing to do would be completely strip the carb and clean / replace anything if needed to? Or buy a new one?
    Seen a service on EBay that does this but for £50...

    Also due to the fuel leaking, I left a junction and creating a small puddle of fuel that I didn’t know about I lost traction when I went over it and dropped bike which hit the exhaust, ripping out the studs... would repairing the threads or installing new ones be easy to do?

    Cheers


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    Emptied fuel tank, just clean fuel. Cleaned it out also. Cleaned air filter also and still getting blocked... any recommendations? Shall I try size up the jet?


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    Ok sound, pictures of the inside of the carb I’m guessing? Haha


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    Would what I’m putting on my air filter have something to do with it?


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    @ringdingding and haven’t a clue about the condition of the inside of tank


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    @ringdingding no filter for the fuel, and very hard to tell as the hole is tiny so can’t make it out


  • Idle jet.
    jakeyboyJ jakeyboy
    Carburetor

    Recently my bike doesn’t want to idle, I stripped down the carb and completely cleaned it as well as the jets twice. The idle jet was blocked both times I cleaned it, after putting it back together it would run as normal until the idle jet blocked again and then would have to be constantly revving it to avoid killing the bike at the lights...

    Any ideas why this is happening?
    Cheers guys

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups