Front brake pads
I have yamaha dtr how to do i put new brake pads to brake hardware?
NINJA last edited by
@jonne123 The best advice for you is to buy a Haynes manual from ebay for the DTR, which will give you a comprehensive guide on how to perform many simple maintenance jobs to a full engine rebuild. Alternatively you can download the Yamaha owners manual for free from here;
Should be the same as any other vehicle.
- Remove the bolts securing the caliper to the forks.
- Remove the old pads.
- Loosen the bleed nipple, use a silicon hose to capture the brake fluid.
- Push the piston back into the caliper (G-Clamps help)
- Ensure there is no corrosion on the piston as this can damage the seal.
- Refit the new pads
- Put caliper back on the forks
- Rebleed the brake system to compensate for lost fluid.
- Bed the pads in as per guidance.
thanks i already have manual. But there is like those metal springs on brake caliper?
@jonne123 Yeah, the brake retainers?
Yes didnt see how the pads where on because all the dirt.
Yes it's properly grimey!
Looking forward to seeing how well it cleans up
What rear brake pads are interchangable with yamaha dt 125r?