• Heyo Guys!
    Daniel from DAN RACING here

    I bought this bike december 2017 like this, it almost didn't run and it was in pretty bad shape.
    alt text
    alt text

    Up to now, I got it like this

    alt text

    It goes to 140km/h GPS speed power wheelies in 1st and second, clutch wheelies until 5th , nothing is left stock, everything is made to get everything out of the little 86cc.

    But I wanted more, Something with more torque, with low end power and everything, I decided to do an engine swap.
    I will be fully building a DT125R engine. Updates with more pictures coming soon :winking_face:


  • Yeah that's savage! Lovely looking machine.

  • Nice! keep us updated. will be a fast and light bike for sure 😛

  • @DanRacing A very interesting build, I'll look forwards to more updates. :thumbs_up_light_skin_tone:

  • Tpr 86cc? Had one of those as a moped 2 years ago!

  • Started cutting the frame today, the 'half moon' on the side of the frame are so the clutch case clears up and i can remove it without removing the whole engine, I will still weld something there to fill up the gap and reinforce it. ALso cut the front mounts off. Will be welding new ones
    alt text

    First look the engine inside there, nothing welded or stuck, it's just a mockup engine, not the one that will be put in of course 🤣 🤣

    alt text

    @Irongamer727 Yup, TPR86 kit 😉

  • @DanRacing You definitely want to run a DTR Engine yeah?

    I know you guys are mental for tuning, but you could just use a better engine. If you're going to all this effort.

    Rotax Engine, KTM Engine....

  • @Calum In here we make the DTR engine one of the best out there 😉 And i'll be running a 65mm bore with stroker crank by the way 🙂

  • @DanRacing this is exciting I wanted to do this swap as I have both bikes but never would use it

  • Got around to building the front mounts, trying to get the motor lined up was the hardest.

    I'm not a welder or anything close, so don't mind the bad weld looks, they seem strong, will try and reinforce them even more tomorrow.
    alt text

    alt text

    The motor is finally sitting by itself, again everything is a mockup still, will build the engine when i get the frame done to avoid any metal shards

    alt text

  • Ok boys I wasn't happy how the old engine mounts looked, so i went ahead and did stuff right
    (Getting my driving license for cars also helped me move around and get more parts and stuff)

    I ordered a machining shop to make me some bushings for the swingarm mount on the engine so it all lines up good without any play.
    alt text
    alt text
    I cut off my previously made engine mounts, fabricated new ones and tached them in place. Tried to line up the engine the best i could on center with the frame.

    alt text
    alt text

    Engine looks pretty lined up.

    alt text
    alt text

    Going to check everything after dinner and finish the welds for the mounts

  • @DanRacing looks a sweet build, I can imagine the DT engine to be perfect for a light frame like a 50cc, nice torque and good cruising

  • @Glynn123 This bike with all the supermotard wheels, suspension and frame is about the same weight as the DT125R, that's one of the reasons i went with the swap. Altought with the AM6 engine it was faster than a mostly stock DT125R it wasn't very good for City Riding with internal ignition and such.
    The frame is actually sturdier than a DT125R frame from what it seems, alot thicker steel and very big main frame.

  • @DanRacing I have a 2003 beta rr 50 supermotard and it weighs nothing compared to my DT haha, although the DT is allot nicer cruising engine

  • Well, finally got alot of progress done on the build for the last few days. little update:

    Sold my old frame and swingarm, and with the money i bought another DT50X just without engine, already with engine mounts for DT125R engine and aprillia RS50 rims(going to sell them)!

    alt text

    Stripped the whole 'new' bike, welded the mounts a little better, sandblasted it(made my shop a total beach) and painted it matt black. I also closed up the bottom end. Everything that's a wear part in the engine has been replaced. Clutch setup is Stock DT125R plates(using the clutch damper) with Bandit 400 Clutch springs. I still gotta finish the cylinder booster ports on the Athena 170cc(Yes i made custom exhaust port with boosters) and yes YPVS will still work and got to fully machine the DT125YPVS head to my needs.
    But i had to totally test fit the engine, looks great in there!!
    alt text

    alt text

    Alot of progress is going to be made in the next few days so stay tuned!

  • Just a little of what the bike used to be and how it used sound:


  • @DanRacing Great work, that engine looks almost factory fitted!!! :thumbs_up_medium-light_skin_tone:

  • @NINJA Yeah it looks really good on here, with all the fairings and stuff looks really factory, I don't really like the looks of the mounts the previous owner made, maybe i got to make a skid plate or something to cover it up ehe

  • @DanRacing I'm sure that you will get her looking real sweet and I agree with you about selling those RS wheels. Proper spoked wheels will make her look more of a Supermoto for-sure!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

  • @DanRacing Would like to see the porting work when you get a chance.

    Looks great with that Matte finish