The Icarus Project (4EFTE)

• @Calum WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? My goodness that sounds like proper shite. Sorry to hear (pun intended) about this. What's happening to it then? You taken it apart or anything?

• @Minia Spun a bearing this morning. Long time coming, it's had a SAVAGE oil leak for the last two years, I am surprised it held up this long.

Unfortunately, due to my other post, all projects are off at the moment. But it will be engine out, chassis apart, and a full nut and bolt rebuild on the entire car. Back on the road 2030.

That's the plan.

• @Calum said in The Icarus Project (4EFTE):

@Minia Spun a bearing this morning. Long time coming, it's had a SAVAGE oil leak for the last two years, I am surprised it held up this long.

Unfortunately, due to my other post, all projects are off at the moment. But it will be engine out, chassis apart, and a full nut and bolt rebuild on the entire car. Back on the road 2030.

That's the plan.

2030? Well, best of luck with all your future endeavours. Was a pleasure knowing you 😂

• @Minia I'm just being realistic. It's my only form of transport, I've had it five years and clocked a whopping 2k miles in it. It's spent more time on axle stands than it has on the road in my ownership.

• Awwww...here we go again.

alt text

Big plans for this overhaul which is why I am in no rush to finish it. It takes as long as it takes.

Plans are a full nut and bolt rebuild. Engine is coming out. Chassis is getting stripped, repainted and only the bare essentials are going back in.

• Aye lad, get after it. Quick little chassis. Can keep up with the B-series!

• This also is why I've been in active on here for like a month, bought myself an old E36 325i and spent 90% of my time underneath it or adding parts, I thought bikes were expensive to mod, but the beamer certainly takes the ticket haha

• Nice read, shame about the ending 😞

Having come from cars, bikes are refreshingly cheap for parts from what I’ve seen!

• @d3cme Doesn't help that it's an import only vehicle. A lot of the parts are specific to this variant which is nice, but makes parts hard to find.

• Yeah friends have had import cars and you definitely need to have a lot of love for them to deal with the cost/rarity of parts!

My last car was an M3 and there was horrendous M tax on parts for that!