Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Technical Zone
  3. Engine
  4. What is the pre mix equivalent to the autolube at idle

What is the pre mix equivalent to the autolube at idle

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Engine
38 Posts 9 Posters 8.2k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • declanD
    declanD
    declan
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So let's say you put 10ml into your fuel will that be the same as the oil pump would normally do when at idle?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • MightymanM
      MightymanM
      Mightyman
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I don't know if anyone would have measurable amount for you, but I'm just wondering why you want to know? Are you seeing how little you can get away with whilst you are tinkering with the bike?

      TDR 125 - 2001

      declanD 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • MightymanM Mightyman

        I don't know if anyone would have measurable amount for you, but I'm just wondering why you want to know? Are you seeing how little you can get away with whilst you are tinkering with the bike?

        declanD
        declanD
        declan
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Mightyman no that would end in catastrophe lol I just want a little extra protection at idle and low revs while I run the autolube

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • CalumC
          CalumC
          Calum
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          No that's not how it works.

          The fuel/air is drawn in through the throttle slide.

          So has you increase the throttle, you increase the fuel/air. If you mix the oil in then altering the throttle alters the fuel/air/oil. Therefore it works just like the oil pump on idle.

          Again, please open these up in the correct section.

          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

          declanD 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • CalumC Calum

            No that's not how it works.

            The fuel/air is drawn in through the throttle slide.

            So has you increase the throttle, you increase the fuel/air. If you mix the oil in then altering the throttle alters the fuel/air/oil. Therefore it works just like the oil pump on idle.

            Again, please open these up in the correct section.

            declanD
            declanD
            declan
            wrote on last edited by declan
            #5

            @Calum i see thank you

            declanD 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • declanD declan

              @Calum i see thank you

              declanD
              declanD
              declan
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @declan I'm a little confused say what you said @Calum

              CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • declanD declan

                @declan I'm a little confused say what you said @Calum

                CalumC
                CalumC
                Calum
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @declan Well it's a carburetor engine isn't it.

                Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • CalumC Calum

                  @declan Well it's a carburetor engine isn't it.

                  declanD
                  declanD
                  declan
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Calum what I'm asking is what amount would you reccomend I put in to richen the oil mix in conjunction with the oil pump currently I'm running 150ml to 5l with the oil pump and it seems like 50ml with the oil pump would be decent I know it's not a very straight forward question but I'm just gauging your opinion and input as all of this is a learning experience for me thank you.

                  CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • declanD declan

                    @Calum what I'm asking is what amount would you reccomend I put in to richen the oil mix in conjunction with the oil pump currently I'm running 150ml to 5l with the oil pump and it seems like 50ml with the oil pump would be decent I know it's not a very straight forward question but I'm just gauging your opinion and input as all of this is a learning experience for me thank you.

                    CalumC
                    CalumC
                    Calum
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @declan Why are you adding oil to the fuel?

                    150ml to 5L of fuel, dayum, that's like no oil pump territory.

                    Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                    declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • CalumC Calum

                      @declan Why are you adding oil to the fuel?

                      150ml to 5L of fuel, dayum, that's like no oil pump territory.

                      declanD
                      declanD
                      declan
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @Calum some say I have trust issues 😉
                      I have no answer to that TBH

                      CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • declanD declan

                        @Calum some say I have trust issues 😉
                        I have no answer to that TBH

                        CalumC
                        CalumC
                        Calum
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @declan Yeah well it's going to foul plugs at that rate mate. Which means it's going to break down and run like a dog.

                        Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                        declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • CalumC Calum

                          @declan Yeah well it's going to foul plugs at that rate mate. Which means it's going to break down and run like a dog.

                          declanD
                          declanD
                          declan
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @Calum honestly it don't smoke any more than it did but yeah I hear ya mate I'll rectify it

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • MightymanM
                            MightymanM
                            Mightyman
                            wrote on last edited by Mightyman
                            #13

                            Running that much oil with the pump as well is seriously pointless. If the pump is working correctly there is no need to be putting more oil into the fuel. I put double my usual amount of oil into my KTM 250 EXC a couple years back and I'm pretty sure it was the cause of the piston seizing, about 15 minutes into riding.

                            TDR 125 - 2001

                            CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • MightymanM Mightyman

                              Running that much oil with the pump as well is seriously pointless. If the pump is working correctly there is no need to be putting more oil into the fuel. I put double my usual amount of oil into my KTM 250 EXC a couple years back and I'm pretty sure it was the cause of the piston seizing, about 15 minutes into riding.

                              CalumC
                              CalumC
                              Calum
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @Mightyman Gums up the piston rings causing them to stick.

                              Also fouls the plugs. It's going to cause more problems than it's worth.

                              Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • DartyD
                                DartyD
                                Darty
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @declan Please follow the Manufacturer recommendations first before asking any of us.

                                It's best to 'guestimate' a healthy oil supply from that. But, from experience, as less oil you can work with the better!

                                I run my DT on a 42:1 mixture still. These road going 2strokes just don't require heavy lubrication.

                                Keep it real

                                MightymanM declanD 2 Replies Last reply
                                1
                                • DartyD Darty

                                  @declan Please follow the Manufacturer recommendations first before asking any of us.

                                  It's best to 'guestimate' a healthy oil supply from that. But, from experience, as less oil you can work with the better!

                                  I run my DT on a 42:1 mixture still. These road going 2strokes just don't require heavy lubrication.

                                  MightymanM
                                  MightymanM
                                  Mightyman
                                  wrote on last edited by Mightyman
                                  #16

                                  @Darty true! And tbh even today's Mx bikes don't need a ridiculous amount of oil. KTM recommends 50:1 with most of their line up. I think the freeride series are even less like 80:1???
                                  Just read their newer bikes are on 80:1 with some people even going as low as 100:1 !

                                  TDR 125 - 2001

                                  DartyD 1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • DartyD Darty

                                    @declan Please follow the Manufacturer recommendations first before asking any of us.

                                    It's best to 'guestimate' a healthy oil supply from that. But, from experience, as less oil you can work with the better!

                                    I run my DT on a 42:1 mixture still. These road going 2strokes just don't require heavy lubrication.

                                    declanD
                                    declanD
                                    declan
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @Darty thanks guys

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • MightymanM Mightyman

                                      @Darty true! And tbh even today's Mx bikes don't need a ridiculous amount of oil. KTM recommends 50:1 with most of their line up. I think the freeride series are even less like 80:1???
                                      Just read their newer bikes are on 80:1 with some people even going as low as 100:1 !

                                      DartyD
                                      DartyD
                                      Darty
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @Mightyman I was reading in Motocross Action Magazine that Husqvarna were recommending going from 40:1 to 60:1 to fix the jetting issues the MXA test team were having when running the 2017' TC250.

                                      And it it worked! Incredible for a complete MX race engine.

                                      Keep it real

                                      declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • DartyD Darty

                                        @Mightyman I was reading in Motocross Action Magazine that Husqvarna were recommending going from 40:1 to 60:1 to fix the jetting issues the MXA test team were having when running the 2017' TC250.

                                        And it it worked! Incredible for a complete MX race engine.

                                        declanD
                                        declanD
                                        declan
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @Darty I wonder if that's because competition 2 strokes have a shitty service life so they only need to last a race before rebuild since leaner is faster in most cases

                                        MightymanM DartyD 2 Replies Last reply
                                        0
                                        • declanD declan

                                          @Darty I wonder if that's because competition 2 strokes have a shitty service life so they only need to last a race before rebuild since leaner is faster in most cases

                                          MightymanM
                                          MightymanM
                                          Mightyman
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @declan yeah that is probably also the case.

                                          TDR 125 - 2001

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          1

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups