Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

M

Mitch_350z

@Mitch_350z
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
29
Topics
3
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Quick question regarding oil.
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @jakeyboy if silkolene gear oil is what you're after this is what you need https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332366839914


  • Quick question regarding oil.
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @jakeyboy that isn't gearbox oil mate, it's 2 stroke engine oil 👍


  • Power valve issue
    M Mitch_350z
    Technical Zone

    @declan yeah it is


  • Power valve issue
    M Mitch_350z
    Technical Zone

    @thechompster my mistake, I meant without the 'r' lol if it hasn't got the resistor in it the valve finds a mind of its own. You can hear the exhaust note change as you ride


  • Power valve issue
    M Mitch_350z
    Technical Zone

    @thechompster does it have the resistor in it the 'r' in the spark plug type as this can cause issues with the operation of the valve


  • Power valve issue
    M Mitch_350z
    Technical Zone

    @thechompster just out of interest, what spark plug are you running??


  • Slipping clutch after rebuild
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    Not too sure what oil all the other guys are using but mineral oil made mine slip so used silkolene light gear oil instead, that worked a treat


  • Opinions Honda NSR 125 1989
    M Mitch_350z
    Off Topic

    @calum not too sure whether it actually makes much difference but I owned a 2007 rs125 full power model, standard pipe and carb settings according to the previous owner but with the cdi copper wire cut (supposed to unleash 33bhp??) I had an indicated GPS top speed of 105mph.


  • Clutch slip
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @calum I've used this before in both my dt and yz and never had anything go wrong tho??


  • Clutch slip
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @calum yeah I've read the kick start conversion tutorial posted by yourself and the order was on that and I've used a light gear oil given to me by the guy who did the rebore work for me I think it's putoline or silkolene??


  • Clutch slip
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    I've recently had a full engine rebuild on my 2002 dtr and after the rebuild and around 400 very slow miles I've noticed that my clutch slips when I put the power on, so I changed the friction plates and put new oil in (putoline light gear oil) and adjusted the push rod and cable to suit but it's still slipping but not as bad?? Any suggestions on what the fix could be, new springs is the only possible thing I can think of atm??
    Any suggestions appreciated


  • Clutch spring bolt size??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @calum I meant the head of the bolt for the clutch bolt springs


  • Clutch spring bolt size??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @ricky0115 alright, thanks for the info


  • Clutch spring bolt size??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @ricky0115 alright mate thanks, do you know what size head the bolts are as I haven't got them to hand and can't remember of the top of my head


  • Clutch spring bolt size??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @ricky0115 would that be the same as a 2002 model??


  • Clutch spring bolt size??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    Hi all, like a total idiot I've over tightened a clutch spring bolt. Just need to know the thread size of the bolts as I've seen a few different sizes/lengths when looking for some new ones?? I've seen m5 and m6 at different lengths so not 100% sure.
    Thanks in advance.


  • 2002 dt125r rev limit??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @cyber-ninja I have moved the reed switch behind the speedo but not unplugged anything??


  • 2002 dt125r rev limit??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @darty could this be as simple as swapping the cdi for an unrestricted one or is this not possible??


  • 2002 dt125r rev limit??
    M Mitch_350z
    Engine

    @calum ok thanks mate I'll have to do a bit more digging, just out of curiosity my other dtr I had was also a 2002 but had a 3 wire servo rather than the 5 wire this one has?? What difference does this make??
    Cheers Mitch

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups