Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Technical Zone
  3. Engine
  4. Cylinder/exhaust problems

Cylinder/exhaust problems

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Engine
cylinder
27 Posts 6 Posters 4.9k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • T theportingmaster

    Hi, was bored and honed by Mick Abbey to 137cc but still has rebores left.1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg

    O
    O
    Oisin
    wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @theportingmaster how much u looking for

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • T
      T
      theportingmaster
      wrote on last edited by
      #11

      Open to offers, cheers Terry

      O 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • T theportingmaster

        Open to offers, cheers Terry

        O
        O
        Oisin
        wrote on last edited by
        #12

        @theportingmaster would u do €85 for the lot

        CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • O Oisin

          @theportingmaster would u do €85 for the lot

          CalumC
          CalumC
          Calum
          wrote on last edited by Calum
          #13

          @Oisin I mean, Mick Abbey charges like £150 for the porting working alone...so that would be like bargain of the century 🤣

          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

          declanD 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • T theportingmaster

            Open to offers, cheers Terry

            O
            O
            Oisin
            wrote on last edited by
            #14

            @theportingmaster Ok well I could do €125 for it

            CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • O Oisin

              @theportingmaster Ok well I could do €125 for it

              CalumC
              CalumC
              Calum
              wrote on last edited by
              #15

              @Oisin Well, you ought to see what he comes back with first 🤣

              Always Originate, Never Pirate!

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • T
                T
                theportingmaster
                wrote on last edited by
                #16

                @Oisin cost me more than £125 so looking for £175 & postage.

                O 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • T theportingmaster

                  @Oisin cost me more than £125 so looking for £175 & postage.

                  O
                  O
                  Oisin
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #17

                  @theportingmaster how much would postage to Ireland be

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • T
                    T
                    theportingmaster
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #18

                    Hi, if you send me your postcode can get you a price for tracked delivery, think the price is about the same as posting in the uk. cheers Terry

                    O 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • CalumC Calum

                      @Oisin I mean, Mick Abbey charges like £150 for the porting working alone...so that would be like bargain of the century 🤣

                      declanD
                      declanD
                      declan
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #19

                      @Calum id take it for that price any day lol

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • T theportingmaster

                        Hi, if you send me your postcode can get you a price for tracked delivery, think the price is about the same as posting in the uk. cheers Terry

                        O
                        O
                        Oisin
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #20

                        @theportingmaster I might be able to get my cylinder welded. Can I get back to u

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • O
                          O
                          Oisin
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #21

                          Just said I'd let u all know I got it fixed.
                          I used some jb weld and retapped it back our to m8 and seems to be holding now.
                          Thank you all for your help Oisin.

                          declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • O Oisin

                            Just said I'd let u all know I got it fixed.
                            I used some jb weld and retapped it back our to m8 and seems to be holding now.
                            Thank you all for your help Oisin.

                            declanD
                            declanD
                            declan
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #22

                            @Oisin wouldn’t have thought that would hold doubt it will hold forever thoigh

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • CalumC
                              CalumC
                              Calum
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #23

                              JB Weld is pretty good stuff. If it's marine grade, I don't any particular reason as to why it wouldn't hold up.

                              Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • T theportingmaster

                                Hi, was bored and honed by Mick Abbey to 137cc but still has rebores left.1.jpg
                                2.jpg
                                3.jpg
                                4.jpg
                                5.jpg
                                6.jpg
                                7.jpg
                                8.jpg
                                9.jpg
                                10.jpg

                                Stevie WonderS
                                Stevie WonderS
                                Stevie Wonder
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #24

                                @theportingmaster I’d be interested in using that for my project. Would work out so conveniently for me too as I’m still trying to decide what to temporarily for the engine. I’m just deciding between using the 3mb00p that looks like it could’ve had its head skimmed, a 4FU (I pretty much already have a 4FU top end), keeping it stock or selling the 3mb00p setup to find something else. Either way they all need a piston, hence why I said that could be a really good shout for me

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • O
                                  O
                                  Oisin
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #25

                                  Yea seems to be good stuff would recommend

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • S
                                    S
                                    SpookDog
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #26

                                    I’d be interested as well, specially if you have the head to match...

                                    Stevie WonderS 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • S SpookDog

                                      I’d be interested as well, specially if you have the head to match...

                                      Stevie WonderS
                                      Stevie WonderS
                                      Stevie Wonder
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #27

                                      @SpookDog said in Cylinder/exhaust problems:

                                      I’d be interested as well, specially if you have the head to match...

                                      Me? If so shoot me a message bud, they all match and they’re even the same pair that come together in Italy nearly 30 years ago

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      • Login

                                      • Don't have an account? Register

                                      • Login or register to search.
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Recent
                                      • Tags
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Groups