Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Owners Build Threads
  3. DTR
  4. 1988 rebuild update

1988 rebuild update

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved DTR
218 Posts 16 Posters 133.0k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • S
    S
    scrimsmustang
    wrote on last edited by
    #201

    Mint still like the silver grey seat better though mate. Its that the nos tank in the picture ?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • O
      O
      oldman
      wrote on last edited by
      #202

      It is the new tank, although the other tanks wasn't "bad" it makes all the difference, really pleased how it's turned out, garage a bit full at the moment while I build the 89 but too cold to go out for me (I am a wuss I know!).

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • O
        O
        oldman
        wrote on last edited by
        #203

        Out of the blue received notification csml had new scoops in raspberry red, snapped them up, just the one pair, chuffed! Bike has been sidelined recently while building the 89, intend to use fully when the weather starts to improve.

        CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • O oldman

          Out of the blue received notification csml had new scoops in raspberry red, snapped them up, just the one pair, chuffed! Bike has been sidelined recently while building the 89, intend to use fully when the weather starts to improve.

          CalumC
          CalumC
          Calum
          wrote on last edited by
          #204

          @oldman Mad, I bet they were not cheap!

          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • O
            O
            oldman
            wrote on last edited by
            #205

            £70 odd quid exc postage, which is expensive from csml, just over £100 inc vat. And they use UPS who in my experience would have trouble sealing an envelope let alone delivering anything. I think I must be on a blacklist with them, had more failed deliveries via UPS than all the others put together and they don't give a f*** when you phone customer services in the UK, rant over😑

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • O
              O
              oldman
              wrote on last edited by
              #206

              Just arrived, well chuffed got these at last.0_1516188646116_20180117_112904-1024x576.jpg

              1 Reply Last reply
              2
              • CalumC
                CalumC
                Calum
                wrote on last edited by
                #207

                I know @Darty always likens these to Hondas due to it being red, but it is a lovely colour!

                Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • O
                  O
                  oldman
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #208

                  Had a closer look and right hand panel is white one painted red, looks fine but not what I paid for. In correct yamaha packet with product code so have contacted csmnl for their comments. Left panel correct in all respects

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • O
                    O
                    oldman
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #209

                    Here's pics of items, anyone else had issue with similar?0_1516191246514_20180117_121256-1024x576.jpg

                    CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • O oldman

                      Here's pics of items, anyone else had issue with similar?0_1516191246514_20180117_121256-1024x576.jpg

                      CalumC
                      CalumC
                      Calum
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #210

                      @oldman Hhmmmm....I'm not too happy about that. @scrimsmustang would be the only other person who would know!

                      Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • O
                        O
                        oldman
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #211

                        The more I think about it the more annoyed I get, seems a deliberate attempt to mislead, suspect csml were equally unaware (I hope so anyway)

                        CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • O oldman

                          The more I think about it the more annoyed I get, seems a deliberate attempt to mislead, suspect csml were equally unaware (I hope so anyway)

                          CalumC
                          CalumC
                          Calum
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #212

                          @oldman For the price you paid, I would be rejecting that white panel. As far as I know, the panels should not be painted and should be a raw finish.

                          It could have been a seconds reject, either way I wouldn't be keeping it as it would look well off.

                          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                          declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • CalumC Calum

                            @oldman For the price you paid, I would be rejecting that white panel. As far as I know, the panels should not be painted and should be a raw finish.

                            It could have been a seconds reject, either way I wouldn't be keeping it as it would look well off.

                            declanD
                            declanD
                            declan
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #213

                            @calum that’s really strange it can’t be legit from Yamaha then can it?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • O
                              O
                              oldman
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #214

                              Definitely not, original plastics solid colour throughout, if I scratch this one it's going to show white in the scratch. Not much good for a dirt bike

                              declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • CalumC
                                CalumC
                                Calum
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #215

                                Don't feel too bad, you got one at least. And you should get a full refund for the other. I know it's disheartening but it'll be worth the heart ache.

                                Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • O oldman

                                  Definitely not, original plastics solid colour throughout, if I scratch this one it's going to show white in the scratch. Not much good for a dirt bike

                                  declanD
                                  declanD
                                  declan
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #216

                                  @oldman yeah it shows badly I have painted panels from blue to white it’s Great until you crash then it needs re doing

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • O
                                    O
                                    oldman
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #217

                                    Crash!!!!

                                    NINJAN 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • O oldman

                                      Crash!!!!

                                      NINJAN
                                      NINJAN
                                      NINJA
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #218

                                      @oldman Personally I would return the damaged one straight away.

                                      SEDUCED BY THE DARK SIDE!!!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      • Login

                                      • Don't have an account? Register

                                      • Login or register to search.
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Recent
                                      • Tags
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Groups