Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

S

SouthWalesYammy

@SouthWalesYammy
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
20
Topics
5
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • DT125x Supermoto tyre recommendation
    S SouthWalesYammy
    DTX

    @Darty

    The previous owner of my bike put 120 front, 130 rear -70-17s on and I’ve pretty much hit the edge of the rear.

    Is the 140 rosso 2 much harder?


  • DT125x Supermoto tyre recommendation
    S SouthWalesYammy
    DTX

    @Calum

    What are they like? What sizes are you running?


  • DT125x Supermoto tyre recommendation
    S SouthWalesYammy
    DTX

    @Darty

    Have you tried them out? Ive heard good stuff about them


  • DT125x Supermoto tyre recommendation
    S SouthWalesYammy
    DTX

    @no-smoke-no-poke

    I won’t end up doing many miles on the bike I doubt anyway so that doesn’t matter as much. I’ve been looking at the Continental ContiAttack SM’s but they’re £205 a set😬


  • DT125x Supermoto tyre recommendation
    S SouthWalesYammy
    DTX

    Hi guys,

    What tyres would you lot recommend for a DT125X? Want something sticky and good in the dry, I never ride in the rain so that doesn’t matter to me.

    TIA


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    @oldman

    Hopefully it’s not this, I’m going to check everything else first then this’ll be my last call😬


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    @DTR-NSR

    I’ll check this Saturday when I get out to look at the bike, thank you!


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    @DTR-NSR

    Are you talking about on the inside of the opening on the radiator? Or on the estimator cap itself?


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    @oldman

    Ahh okay, do you think I’d be better off checking some other things first (the hoses attached to the expansion bottle, the diaphragm and cap) before taking the head off?


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    @oldman said in DT125X cooling problem:

    Head gasket leak

    Would this cause the coolant to end up over the rear tyre, it’s right below where the overflow bottle is. That’s what makes me think it’s that


  • DT125X cooling problem
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine cooling problem coolant

    Hi everyone,

    Right so I’ve done a top end rebuild of the engine and the engine runs sweet. Running it in as I go to make sure it works properly.

    However, I’ve come into a problem.

    The coolant system keeps emptying itself. It first started with a bit of a leak from the top of the radiator near the cap, but then the majority of it ended over the rear tyre so seemed like it was something to do with the overflow/expansion.

    I replaced both the thermostat and radiator cap, then refilled with coolant. This seemed to fix the problem but then found the system to have let a load out again over the rear of the bike (no longer any from the radiator cap).

    My thinking is it is something to do with the expansion/overflow bottle. Any ideas?

    Also, I was using a putoline coolant, any other recommendations?

    Thanks in advance


  • Too end rebuild - piston ring fittment?
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Top End

    Hi guys,

    In the middle of putting my engine back together but I’m slightly confused. I have two piston rings and one expander ring which from another thread I know goes into the bottom groove. However the one piston ring is narrower (material wise) than the other.

    Which ring goes in which groove?

    TIA, Jake


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    @pedrobatista10 Thank you! I hope it’s as good as everyone else says! I can’t wait to get it in the road now.


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    @Calum Ahh okay, that’s not too bad then


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    @NINJA I don’t mind reliability as much as I don’t commute much 😂 but it would still annoy me


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    @NINJA Thanks Ninja👋🏻


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    Hi Callum,

    My stepdad told me I should look at getting a DT as he used to have them and a 2stroke would be better for me. I went for the Supermoto as I love the styling of them. I can’t wait to get out on it now😩

    I tried putting some pictures up with this post but couldn’t figure out how to do it😂


  • Cylinder Head Nuts
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine

    @Calum Thank you, some animal who owned the bike before me has slightly rounded them and they’re going a bit crap now so I’m going to get some stainless ones👌🏼


  • New DT125X owner😃
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Welcome New Owners! project newowner insta dt125x

    Good morning/afternoon/evening, whatever time you’re reading this!

    My name is Jake, I’ve been riding for over two years now. I’m currently 18, living in Wales🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿.

    I’ve just bought myself a 2006 DT125X for a reasonable price due to it needing a top end rebuild. It’s a replacement for my 2015 WR125x as I wanted a bit more poke than the 4 stroke engine.

    My DT is in pieces scattered around my garage at the moment as I’m waiting for the piston to rebuild the engine. I have a few new bits to go on it too but I haven’t done them yet.

    I’ll be using this as a platform for help, guidance and socialising. If you’re interested in what I get up to on my jollies, or updates on the bike check out my Instagram @southwalesyammy

    Kind regards,
    Jake


  • Cylinder Head Nuts
    S SouthWalesYammy
    Engine

    Hi all,

    I’m a new DT125X owner; I bought her for a reasonable price as she wasn’t running due to a lack of compression. I’ve stripped the engine and am waiting for the piston to arrive so it can be bored out.
    However, I could do with some new dome bits for the cylinder head. Does anyone know what size I need? One seller on eBay states they’re M8’s but I’m not 100% sure if that’s right?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jake

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups