Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Owners Build Threads
  3. DTR
  4. DT200WR restoration project pic heavy

DT200WR restoration project pic heavy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved DTR
272 Posts 17 Posters 151.5k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Louis-DT-WRL
    Louis-DT-WRL
    Louis-DT-WR
    wrote on last edited by
    #105

    All the looming was Mint and I cleaned all connections. The neutral light goes off when in gear... I'm pretty sure it's the regulator issue I had on my dtr

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • CalumC Calum

      @Louis-James Double check the wiring to make sure you haven't connected up the wrong sides. Sounds like a relay issue to me, I've had that a few times before.

      Louis-DT-WRL
      Louis-DT-WRL
      Louis-DT-WR
      wrote on last edited by
      #106

      @Calum that's what I think but it's a hard part to find. All earths were cleaned

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • CalumC
        CalumC
        Calum
        wrote on last edited by
        #107

        I think I've had this before when only one of the indicators are connected.

        Always Originate, Never Pirate!

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • F
          F
          finnerz89
          wrote on last edited by
          #108

          What wattage lamps have you used in the indicators?
          When I changed mine to higher wattage i got the same symptoms you're describing.

          Current bikes:
          DT125X '07
          Street Triple R '11
          Aprilia ETV1000 '02

          Previous:
          DR650RSE '96
          FJ1200 '92

          Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • F finnerz89

            What wattage lamps have you used in the indicators?
            When I changed mine to higher wattage i got the same symptoms you're describing.

            Louis-DT-WRL
            Louis-DT-WRL
            Louis-DT-WR
            wrote on last edited by
            #109

            @finnerz89 they're original ones but new

            CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Louis-DT-WRL Louis-DT-WR

              @finnerz89 they're original ones but new

              CalumC
              CalumC
              Calum
              wrote on last edited by
              #110

              @Louis-James Check that the bulbs haven't gone and/or that the loom provides continutity throughout.

              Always Originate, Never Pirate!

              Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • CalumC Calum

                @Louis-James Check that the bulbs haven't gone and/or that the loom provides continutity throughout.

                Louis-DT-WRL
                Louis-DT-WRL
                Louis-DT-WR
                wrote on last edited by
                #111

                @Calum cheers call, seems a bit of a coincidence that it's both sides

                CalumC 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Louis-DT-WRL Louis-DT-WR

                  @Calum cheers call, seems a bit of a coincidence that it's both sides

                  CalumC
                  CalumC
                  Calum
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #112

                  @Louis-James Just make sure front right is connected to rear right and front left is connected to rear left.

                  Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • F
                    F
                    finnerz89
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #113

                    If the lamps are standard my money is on the relay. Try disconnecting one and see if you get a flash then.
                    Is the switchgear new?

                    Current bikes:
                    DT125X '07
                    Street Triple R '11
                    Aprilia ETV1000 '02

                    Previous:
                    DR650RSE '96
                    FJ1200 '92

                    Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • F finnerz89

                      If the lamps are standard my money is on the relay. Try disconnecting one and see if you get a flash then.
                      Is the switchgear new?

                      Louis-DT-WRL
                      Louis-DT-WRL
                      Louis-DT-WR
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #114

                      @finnerz89 does a single flash then stats on.. always the small things take the time haha.

                      F 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Louis-DT-WRL Louis-DT-WR

                        @finnerz89 does a single flash then stats on.. always the small things take the time haha.

                        F
                        F
                        finnerz89
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #115

                        @Louis-James another thought, is the light in the clocks led? Try disconnecting that if it is

                        Current bikes:
                        DT125X '07
                        Street Triple R '11
                        Aprilia ETV1000 '02

                        Previous:
                        DR650RSE '96
                        FJ1200 '92

                        Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
                        -1
                        • CalumC
                          CalumC
                          Calum
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #116

                          Yeah, could be your chinese clocks causing problems.

                          Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • F finnerz89

                            @Louis-James another thought, is the light in the clocks led? Try disconnecting that if it is

                            Louis-DT-WRL
                            Louis-DT-WRL
                            Louis-DT-WR
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #117

                            @finnerz89 no because I'm only using the new clocks shell. All wires and bulbs I swapped over

                            F 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Louis-DT-WRL Louis-DT-WR

                              @finnerz89 no because I'm only using the new clocks shell. All wires and bulbs I swapped over

                              F
                              F
                              finnerz89
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #118

                              @Louis-James hmmmm 🤔

                              Current bikes:
                              DT125X '07
                              Street Triple R '11
                              Aprilia ETV1000 '02

                              Previous:
                              DR650RSE '96
                              FJ1200 '92

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Louis-DT-WRL
                                Louis-DT-WRL
                                Louis-DT-WR
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #119

                                https://youtu.be/La0VeAoF2fU

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • F
                                  F
                                  finnerz89
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #120

                                  Looking good 👍

                                  Current bikes:
                                  DT125X '07
                                  Street Triple R '11
                                  Aprilia ETV1000 '02

                                  Previous:
                                  DR650RSE '96
                                  FJ1200 '92

                                  Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • F finnerz89

                                    Looking good 👍

                                    Louis-DT-WRL
                                    Louis-DT-WRL
                                    Louis-DT-WR
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #121

                                    @finnerz89 thanks 🙂 I'll get some more videos outside on a nice day

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • CalumC
                                      CalumC
                                      Calum
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #122

                                      Yeah that looks mega!

                                      Always Originate, Never Pirate!

                                      Louis-DT-WRL 1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • CalumC Calum

                                        Yeah that looks mega!

                                        Louis-DT-WRL
                                        Louis-DT-WRL
                                        Louis-DT-WR
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #123

                                        @Calum cheers mate.

                                        Just finishing the final parts.

                                        Going to inspect the oil pump drive gear to ensure its all ok as the guy before disconnected it.

                                        The pump leaks from the oil seal. I've stripped, cleaned and ordered a new seal.

                                        Always the last little things like the brake lights sensitivity etc to finish

                                        alt text

                                        alt text

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        1
                                        • Louis-DT-WRL
                                          Louis-DT-WRL
                                          Louis-DT-WR
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #124

                                          Need a bit of advice.
                                          I'm not used to this clutch set up.

                                          I only removed the clutch cover to fit a new oil pump gear.

                                          But when I put it back on the Kickstarter wouldn't crank.
                                          After playing around I got that back into action.

                                          However there is no tension in the clutch lever.
                                          I'm not sure it the clutch arm needs a full 360deg rotation.
                                          I'm not very familiar with this setup.
                                          The clutch operated fine before and was a new one when I bought the bike.

                                          Part 11 in this diagram just wobbles around.. but I'm not sure if it's correct.

                                          https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4098902/wr200r-4bf1-1992-999-a/clutch

                                          NINJAN 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups