Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Technical Zone
  3. Exhaust
  4. Recommendations on exhaust joining?

Recommendations on exhaust joining?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Exhaust
14 Posts 8 Posters 5.7k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • J
    J
    Jens Eskildsen
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I used a piece of coolant hose and 2 hose clambs on my dt175 years ago. It held up just fine. I guess you could also use some of that exhaust"cement" that expands and turn solid when exposed to heat (or left to dry) in combination with the coolant hose.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • MightymanM
      MightymanM
      Mightyman
      wrote on last edited by
      #5

      Seems like different rubber hose with exhaust clamps would be the easiest method then. Issue is I can't find rubber hose that thick. 12mm on eBay won't quite cut it..

      TDR 125 - 2001

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • F
        F
        finnerz89
        wrote on last edited by finnerz89
        #6

        I've got a stock Yamaha joint at home, of you want it you can have it for postage. I'm away till next weekend but I can send it when I'm home

        Current bikes:
        DT125X '07
        Street Triple R '11
        Aprilia ETV1000 '02

        Previous:
        DR650RSE '96
        FJ1200 '92

        MightymanM 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • C
          C
          castrolsniffer
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          +1 on the braided hose plus jubilee clips
          I go to the breakers and cut a big piece of any old car rad hoses and it will do about 5 bikes.
          Works every time 👍

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • F finnerz89

            I've got a stock Yamaha joint at home, of you want it you can have it for postage. I'm away till next weekend but I can send it when I'm home

            MightymanM
            MightymanM
            Mightyman
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @finnerz89 thanks. I'll keep you in mind, but will try one of the methods mentioned here first 👍

            TDR 125 - 2001

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • DartyD
              DartyD
              Darty
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222426936515 I got creative with this, it's very rigid.

              Silicone joiners, high temperature is rated at up too 230 degress.

              I have yet to melt anything.

              Keep it real

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • MightymanM
                MightymanM
                Mightyman
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                Finally got a roll of this stuff through and it's worked a treat.

                0_1499607977432__20170709_144556.JPG

                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152444500194

                Haven't been for a full run yet but just revving the bike up it's nice and quiet again and has sealed the exhaust join very well.

                0_1499607631642_DSC_0063.JPG

                0_1499607666585_DSC_0068.JPG

                TDR 125 - 2001

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • declanD
                  declanD
                  declan
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  Just one clip?

                  MightymanM 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • declanD declan

                    Just one clip?

                    MightymanM
                    MightymanM
                    Mightyman
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    @declan yeah the ones I ordered were too thin so just one for now.

                    TDR 125 - 2001

                    declanD 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • MightymanM Mightyman

                      @declan yeah the ones I ordered were too thin so just one for now.

                      declanD
                      declanD
                      declan
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      @Mightyman ahhh I see

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • britshgigoloB
                        britshgigoloB
                        britshgigolo
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #14

                        i had the same problem so used a 22mm straight copper pipe fitting then silicon hose and has not leaked since hope this helps

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • Login

                        • Don't have an account? Register

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Recent
                        • Tags
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Groups