Do you have a picture of your clutch basket handy, just to rule that out?
Do you have a picture of your clutch basket handy, just to rule that out?
@Mightyman i will have later when i strip it again
Push rods and ball bearing. Sounds far fetched to me
Push rods and ball bearing. Sounds far fetched to me
@Calum I'm going to strip it soon get the ball and rod out to check them and do some more adjustment
My ball had 2 flat sides so I've ordered a new 1
Wow, hopefully it's your fix man!
NORFE used to chop up some M6 bolts and use as a bearing....
Not sayinf that's good practice but was good enough for him.
NORFE used to chop up some M6 bolts and use as a bearing....
Not sayinf that's good practice but was good enough for him.
@Calum I've got some old bearings I was thinking of opening them up see if any are the same size the rods are ok
NORFE used to chop up some M6 bolts and use as a bearing....
Not sayinf that's good practice but was good enough for him.
@Ricky That doesn't look great lol.
You can get the ball bearings off eBay for next to nothing..
@Ricky That doesn't look great lol.
You can get the ball bearings off eBay for next to nothing..
@Calum I've ordered 1 from yambits I was playing with the bearing idea as there can't be any difference surely
I should not have thought so, but as said the correct ball can be had off eBay.
Probably a daft question but with the bike off and my clutch pulled in should it freewheel or turn the engine over slightly when pushing it
Very normal for it to turn the engine.
Very normal for it to turn the engine.
@Mightyman so it wouldn't be normal if it didn't
Well in theory it shouldn't.. but I've found they always do.
Yeb, cold oil is thicker and "sticks" more, so the clutch stil drags a bit.
Did you figure out the cause of this problem?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register
Login