Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Slate)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

DT125R FORUM

  1. Home
  2. Technical Zone
  3. Engine
  4. TDR issue

TDR issue

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Engine
97 Posts 12 Posters 32.8k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • NottsbikerN
    NottsbikerN
    Nottsbiker
    wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Sent over!

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • MightymanM
      MightymanM
      Mightyman
      wrote on last edited by
      #39

      @Nottsbiker is there many pages? It would be great if we can get them uploaded into a thread of their own.

      TDR 125 - 2001

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • NottsbikerN
        NottsbikerN
        Nottsbiker
        wrote on last edited by
        #40

        Iirc about 70 ish

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • T
          T
          TDRnoob
          wrote on last edited by
          #41

          Quick update

          So my TDR belgarda had a full engine rebuild by Roadrunners motorcycles.

          Also I have started premix. I used about 35 ml of 2 stroke oil to mix with the petrol.

          There is video

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEHSmpNIgg

          What do you think guys?

          Just wondering if it everything ok.

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • CalumC
            CalumC
            Calum
            wrote on last edited by Calum
            #42

            I used 200ml oil to a full tanks. Approx 10 litres.

            Lovely little whistle to that engine too. Sounds great.

            Always Originate, Never Pirate!

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • MightymanM
              MightymanM
              Mightyman
              wrote on last edited by
              #43

              Never heard a sound like that coming from one of these 😂

              TDR 125 - 2001

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • O
                O
                oldman
                wrote on last edited by
                #44

                Sounds a bit chirpy? Can't think what would cause that, unless its just the recording

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • ZrakoZ
                  ZrakoZ
                  Zrako
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #45

                  Oh thats same thing as I had on my dt. Thats the starter clutch not releasing after engine start.

                  1979 Jawa Mustang 50
                  2003 Gilera DNA 125 R.I.P
                  2015 Keeway TX 125 SM
                  2006 Yamaha DT 125 X

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • NottsbikerN
                    NottsbikerN
                    Nottsbiker
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #46

                    Sounds like the engine is very tight to me from the rebuild. Hard to tell from a YouTube video

                    Looks like you are making good progress though mate 🙂

                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • ZrakoZ
                      ZrakoZ
                      Zrako
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #47

                      https://youtu.be/cleKkIbDTeI

                      Check my vid , same sound

                      1979 Jawa Mustang 50
                      2003 Gilera DNA 125 R.I.P
                      2015 Keeway TX 125 SM
                      2006 Yamaha DT 125 X

                      T 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • NottsbikerN
                        NottsbikerN
                        Nottsbiker
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #48

                        Never been posh enough to have an electric start DT so wouldn't know 😉

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • O
                          O
                          oldman
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #49

                          Nice colour red though😋

                          T 1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • NottsbikerN
                            NottsbikerN
                            Nottsbiker
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #50

                            Yes looks good in that color scheme 🙂

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • O oldman

                              Nice colour red though😋

                              T
                              T
                              TDRnoob
                              wrote on last edited by TDRnoob
                              #51

                              @oldman I have changed the old seat cover with the new blue leather. It is not perfect fitted as I couldn't stretch properly where is angle.

                              Pretty happy with this blue color

                              0_1505761653439_20170918_184520.jpg

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • ZrakoZ Zrako

                                https://youtu.be/cleKkIbDTeI

                                Check my vid , same sound

                                T
                                T
                                TDRnoob
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #52

                                @zrako Yes, it looks like is the same thing with mine.

                                Have you fixed that or just ignored?

                                ZrakoZ 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • T TDRnoob

                                  @zrako Yes, it looks like is the same thing with mine.

                                  Have you fixed that or just ignored?

                                  ZrakoZ
                                  ZrakoZ
                                  Zrako
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #53

                                  @tdrnoob first thing I did was removed starter motor to see if its really that problem and it was. I had a broked bearing stay. Thats a plate behind a flywheel where starter clutch sits on needle bearing . I am replaced it , cleaned and lubed everything in there and its ok now.
                                  0_1505765910392_11 (1).jpg

                                  Number 1 was broken .

                                  1979 Jawa Mustang 50
                                  2003 Gilera DNA 125 R.I.P
                                  2015 Keeway TX 125 SM
                                  2006 Yamaha DT 125 X

                                  T 2 Replies Last reply
                                  2
                                  • ZrakoZ Zrako

                                    @tdrnoob first thing I did was removed starter motor to see if its really that problem and it was. I had a broked bearing stay. Thats a plate behind a flywheel where starter clutch sits on needle bearing . I am replaced it , cleaned and lubed everything in there and its ok now.
                                    0_1505765910392_11 (1).jpg

                                    Number 1 was broken .

                                    T
                                    T
                                    TDRnoob
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #54

                                    @zrako Thank you

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    1
                                    • NottsbikerN Nottsbiker

                                      Sounds like the engine is very tight to me from the rebuild. Hard to tell from a YouTube video

                                      Looks like you are making good progress though mate 🙂

                                      T
                                      T
                                      TDRnoob
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #55

                                      @nottsbiker Not sure if it is tight as it is my first bike 😕

                                      Also I have changed the old air filter and cleaned the carb properly.

                                      Good progress because of wanting to ride and commute to work.

                                      I bought it back in may and since then made only 100 miles.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • NottsbikerN
                                        NottsbikerN
                                        Nottsbiker
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #56

                                        Did you get it from Unit 5 Motos? Seen one like yours on their Facebook page with one black side panel on an otherwise red TDR.

                                        I'm in France at the moment and there are loads of Belgarda's for sale here, mainly our model with wire wheels in various conditions from €600 upwards. Typical I'm skint 😞

                                        T 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • NottsbikerN Nottsbiker

                                          Did you get it from Unit 5 Motos? Seen one like yours on their Facebook page with one black side panel on an otherwise red TDR.

                                          I'm in France at the moment and there are loads of Belgarda's for sale here, mainly our model with wire wheels in various conditions from €600 upwards. Typical I'm skint 😞

                                          T
                                          T
                                          TDRnoob
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #57

                                          @nottsbiker Yes I did. 🙂

                                          I was following them and waiting for something special like this.

                                          On which french website you are searching for those Belgardas?

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups